L.J. Holmes

L.J. Holmes
In her many Guises.

Monday, July 11, 2011

LINS OWN CIRCLE OF FRIENDS PART ONE

When I was a girl, most of the other kids thought I was crazy because my favorite people to spend time with were my Grandmother and two eighty plus year old women living two doors away. I was enchanted by them and the stories of history they lived through and brought alive for me.

I also remember that anyone over the age of thirty was over-the-hill...so I wonder what today's youth would say if I said to them, "December 12th, I turn 60, and altough my body is not my best friend, this is the best, happiest time of my life."

They'd think I am as crazy as the kids did back when I was sitting wide-eyed at the feet of those wise, wonderful women.

Why do I feel this way?

Well because of the list of people that follows, all of them deserving recipients of my CIRCLE OF FRIENDS AWARD. (Follow the links to learn more about these incredible people...and to the ones spotlighted here, please copy and paste your award to your own spots.)

Kat Holmes...my daughter
Lea Schizas...my beloved publisher and soul-sister
Litsa Kamateros...my marketing director and soul sister
Glenn Kleier...brother beneath the skin and family of my spirit.
Karen Coté...Angel Girl and so much more
Tanja Cilia...another soul sister who is bringing Malta to life for all of us.
Gail Branan...My Y'All Soul Sister...my friend, and more.
Deliah K. Stephans...Creator of every one of my book covers and a daughter and sister to my heart.
Tiger Matthews...Brother and guardian of Delilah's joy, love, and laughter. Love you and am in your debt Tiger.
Ginger Simpson...Your humor keeps me placing one foot before the other at times when I want to curl up and cry.
Cyrus Keith...Brad...My Brother, my friend, and the restorer of my pride in what has gone before.
Roseanne Dowell...A sister who is always there.
Chris Speakman...The first of my sisters to learn the meaning of "Ahems"
Nancy Bell...Your heart is as wide as as ocean, your soul as life sustaining as a heartbeat.
Kevin Hopson...who with his wife taught me the true meaning of grace in the face of tragedy. I love you both.
Ellee Braun...Sweetie you never need to feel alone again.
Barbara Ehrentreu...your heart is so wide the world could crawl inside.
Suzannah Safi...Your beautiful visions make my world a brighter place.
Heather Haven...Meow my Sister
Jim Hartley...You made me a bear and became my spirit's Teddy.
Penny Ehrenkrantz...you were the first to open your universe to mine, and I'm not ever leaving. Hope that's okay?

Please return for part two.

12 comments:

Suzannah Safi said...

Lin Holmes - is a beautiful soul and a gem.
Thank you dear for your beautiful sincere words.
Love,
Suzannah Safi

Unknown said...

I can't think of another circle where I'd rather be. Thank you for the honor.

Roseanne Dowell said...

Lin is responsible for me being at Muse. Although I knew Lea from Long Story Short School of Writing where we both taught classes and was a presentor in one of her earlier Muse Conferences and she was my editor for a while at a publisher who shall remain nameless, I wasn't aware she started her own publishing company until I met Lin's daughter Kat. Kat put me in touch with Lin and we've been friends ever since. I was thrilled to become part of her family when I joined the Muse family. Thanks for including me, Lin.
Love ya,
ro

Heather Haven said...

Meow back, baby.

Unknown said...

I love you so much Mom.

gail roughton branan said...

Anyone who doesn't know us at Muse would say I submitted to and was accepted by Muse in pure random chance. There's no such thing as chance, things don't happen by accident, much as most people think so. We were all meant to be here, for each other, and part of each other's lives. You have all enriched my life beyond any words I could use to express how much. LOVE!

Jim Hartley said...

Another lovely award to put on my website and my blog ... Thanks, Lin

Nancy Bell said...

Dear Lin, I am honoured beyond words to be included in your circle. Thank you so much. You and Kat are very dear to me. Everyone here is just so amazing, I am very lucky to a part of something like this.

Love and hugs
nancy and emily
emily plays; nancy works

Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz said...

Lin, I would never let you leave and I'm so glad we've connected. I, too, remember thinking anyone over thirty wasn't to be trusted and now I'm collecting SS! Thank you for including me in your circle of friends.

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Lin, you are probably the sweetest person I know and I am honored to be included in your Circle of Friends!! I am so happy to be with all the other people you have brought into your charmed circle. I love what you said about me. I guess I always want people to be happy:) I will cherish what you said.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. CONGRATS to all the people who received this awesome award!

Have a great day!

Tanja said...

I am humbled. Touched. Honoured. And, dare I say it - speechless!
Tanja