L.J. Holmes

L.J. Holmes
In her many Guises.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WHEN...TWILIGHT COMES by L.J. Holmes


Dysfunction in family...what does it lead to?

A family of six children,

a social climbing mother and a father whose lines are embedded in

Plymouth Rock.

Moldering lines? Infiltrated with increasingly slimy algae?

TWILIGHT COMES...how can one day so totally splinter an up and coming Wall Street genuis's world?

Can dysfunction lead to Happily Ever After?

TWILIGHT COMES available NOW from Muse It Up Publishing, Inc.

:
It's a typical day in Mick's life. A successful stockbroker, he battles the morning traffic, the zip of numbers across the exchange banner while making fortunes grow for his clients, and the number pounding after-images continue to haunt his brain as he drives home. This is his well ordered life.



Home. His work life is numbers, routine, and rational. His home life? Secrets percolate behind closed doors...dangerous secrets...secrets that are about to tip over.


Will Mick survive the explosion about to blow the lid off his private, seemingly perfect world? Will any of them outlast the approaching turmoil and the world finally looking in and seeing the truth behind their closed doors? Or will death and destruction be the ultimate penalty for their secrets revealed?



:
And lastly is the oops member of the family.  Diana is only six.  She was not supposed to be. Mother had religiously taken her birth control, but Diana happened—Mother only marginally adheres to the preaching of the Church—A first grader, she is truly the apple in all of our eyes.  In some ways, Diana represented my Mother’s greatest accomplishment.  None of her friends had managed to conceive a child that close to menopause, and while taking The Pill.  Diana raised Mother to the status of one upon whom a miracle was created. That’s heady stuff, dontcha know?

This book is one that haunted
 
me to write, haunted me to submit, has haunted me every day since, and from those who have read it, I have been told, they are haunted too.

In the REAL world, not everything is sunny, glowing, and beaming with joy. I wasn't certain when I wrote this, if I would have the

courage to submit it for publication...and the truth is I didn't.

I sent it to my publisher to read because I was CERTAIN I had it right...this book did NOT belong in the published world...

Imagine my shock then when via return e-mail a full contract arrived?

Is it worthy of being out here?
 
I don't know.

It demanded I write it, and obviously my publisher felt it belonged.

What do you think?
 
Here's the link to TWILIGHT COMES bookstore page. I need you to tell me...Is this haunting story worthy of being here? I hope so...I truly do.

6 comments:

Deb Hockenberry said...

Lin, When Twilight Comes sounds like a fantastic read! I hope I can buy myself a copy next year. I loved the way you placed pictures among the text!

gail roughton branan said...

I'm not even gonna answer that. Since I'm one of the ones who read it and told you then -- dark masterpiece.

Unknown said...

Lin you are wonderful writer and artist with your many blogs and stories. I admire you and your toughness. You are AWESOME!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hello, Lin,

HEA is fine, but the world is dark, sometimes, and we need to tell those stories too. Congratulations on being brave enough to submit WHEN TWILIGHT COMES, and good luck with sales.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lin. Sounds interesting.

Lin said...

I am late responding. I gave myself this challenge to write a new posting everyday between Nov. 27 and December 12th and I am walking around a bit like a zombie now.

Thank you all for your wonderful words. Especially with this story, your words mean a lot.