L.J. Holmes

L.J. Holmes
In her many Guises.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

LJ HOLMES PRESENTS HURRICANE WARNING


Muse It Up Publishing and it's COVER ART GODDESS is happy to bring Ginger Simpson's new tale HURRICANE WARNING to the reading world on January 1, 2011...what a wonderful way to celebrate the dawn of a new year and a new era in reading excellence.


Linda is newly divorced, free and has bought her new home in the temperate state of Florida where palm trees grow tall, oranges scent the air, and air conditioners, not heaters are the major appliance of necessity.


Isn't her new house adorable? And Linda is just glowing with pride when the real estate agent reaches out to hand her the...

...key. Humming all her beloved songs, she unpacks with a sense of joy and adventure. The past is behind her and the future stretches out with the richness of possibility before her...until she flips on the news.


A hurricane...a HUGE hurricane in barreling down upon them and there's little time. Linda looks around frantically. What is she supposed to do? She knows she supposed to board things up. Windows? Yes, she was pretty sure they needed boarding up. Doors? If you board up doors how do you escape if you need to leave? Oh Lord, was her precious little home going to be reduced to pulverized kindling? Her eyes darted wildly. Outside the storm squealed.



In her mind's eye she called forth a picture of the swirling clouds and the ominous eye at the center. How could a little thing like her prepare her home to survive that? A pounding knock at her door has her turning her terrorized gaze that way. Who would be insane enough to be out in this? Insane? Why did that word become a giant inside her panicked mind?





He calls out, and yes, okay, she remembered his sister. Did he need help?

Carlos her neighbor, was here to help HER? She closed her eyes and said a silent prayer of thanks to whatever angel was watching over her...and yes, he wasn't half bad on those eyes when she had them open either.


Together they prepared her home for the massive rage of nature about to unleash itself upon them, and he stayed. Did he stay because he thought she was afraid of the power of the storm, or did he stay because of the power of the unknown that was swirling into life because of, or in spite of the storm?

Linda and Carlos emerged from the storm to a rainbow, cloudless skies and future possibilities that seem so much brighter now that the hurricane warnings were past. Join them on January 1, 2011 and find out what they discovered during those hours while nature swirled, howled, and exploded around them.




Coming in October 2010, though Muse it Up Publishing is going to be opening its e-doors to the world with the release of five of its titles. (Please go to its website at http://www.museituppublishing.com/ for news about the five titles)



But Muse has many surprises in store for all of us and Lea Schizas, the Captain navigating the Muse It Up Ship will be dropping clues and hints over the intervening weeks at the Muse Readers Group and only those who follow the group will have the extra information about THOSE clues...so go in and join, follow and stay up-to-date on what Lea and Litsa, her partner have in store for all of us. You can join by going to http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/musepub_readers/






And for those who know Ginger and those who don't but would LOVE to...and trust me she's worth getting to know...you can catch her at her blog http://mizging.blogspot.com/










or she can be found at her website http://www.gingersimpson.com/






She's also available through Muse It Up Blog http://museituppublishing.blogspot.com/



AND SHE HAS BOOKS....LOTS AND LOTS OF BOOKS AVAILABLE AT BARNES AND NOBLE





LIFE IS A BOWL OF TOILETS...

...AND I CLEAN THEM











AMAZING GRACE










CHASTITY'S CHARM







EMBEZZLED LOVE












FOREVER FAITH









LIFE IS A BOWL OF TOILETS...


...AND I FEEL FLUSH









SPARTA ROSE









SISTERS IN TIME







HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL





TENDER RETURN








11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Lin. What a wonderful tribute to me and my work. I'm honored to appear on your blog, and you did a wonderful job of relaying the essence of the story. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)

Roseanne Dowell said...

Looks like another one for my reading list. I'm going to be so busy reading, I won't have time to write. That's not good, but these books sure sound good. Terrific job again, Lin.

Phyllis Campbell said...

I'm one very lucky person because I know Ginger really well. She is extremely talented, and I'm sooo excited for her next book!! Love the cover, and the story sounds great!

~Phyllis~

Lin said...

Ginger Dear Lady, it was an honor to create this posting. I am in awe of the depth of your work. And Ro, I look forward to your cover coming out too. I promise I will work very hard to do right by you.

Lin said...

Phyllis, everyone who knows Ginger is lucky. I consider myself very very lucky and now that I have found her I'm not giving her back :>)

Margaret Tanner said...

Great tribute to your work Ginger, but you deserve all the accolades you get. You have worked hard, weathered the ups and downs and come out on top, because you are a talented author as well as being a gutsy lady.

Cheers

Margaret

Brenda J Weaver said...

Congrats Ginger!
This was a great piece. Loved the way all your work was mentioned. Good luck on the new book..you sure do deserve it :)

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

you may not give her back, Lin, but you definitely have to share.

Unknown said...

I love that cover Ginger.:-) As always Mom, excellent blog post.

Lin said...

Ohhh I suppose if Larriane, if I must share, I can bring myself to do that. And thanks daughter of mine. This truly was a labor of love and joy.

MuseItUp Publishing said...

Oh my god, she cleans toilet bowls? hehehehehe...need to make a new award for Roseanne. :)

Lin, Ginger, what can I say but wow, wow, wow. I knew you had tons of books out there, Ginger, but reading Lin's build up simply astonished me.

May you have nothing but success from here on, dear friend.